Saturday, April 2, 2011

Health

This trip was supposed to be super healthy. I was going to stick to my physical therapy regiment and eat lots of organic food.
Instead, I hurt my shoulder the first week, and now I've been sick for the past 3 days. High fevers at night, and feeling drained and exhausted during the day. Hope it's not malaria! Went to the medical lab today to get some blood tests done, mostly to rule out malaria. I wasn't quite certain of what the doctor there said about the blood tests, but he seemed to indicate that other than seeing if it was malaria, the blood tests would say whether it was a bacterial or viral infection, but not which bacteria or virus. We'll see what they say when I go back this evening.

Edit: Not malaria yay! And most likely just a virus. Hopefully I will be over it soon; optimistic because at this point yesterday and the day before my fever was already going back up, which it is not doing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment